In the real estate industry, time and money are both of the essence. Parties involved in large-scale residential and commercial real estate developments can little afford the delays and potential financial instability caused by legal uncertainty.
With this in mind, Koch & Schmidt provides comprehensive yet strategic representation to those involved in New Orleans’ real estate market. We have the substantial experience commonly found at larger firms; at the same time, our local roots and on-the-ground presence provide us with an unmatched understanding of the contours of the local real estate industry and its interplay with state and local bureaucracy. This allows us to provide a full range of transactional and litigation services to clients throughout the region, including:
- Homebuyers and sellers
- Commercial property owners
- Commercial landlords and tenants
- Real estate agents and brokers
- Lending institutions
Our comprehensive counsel encompasses all facets of real estate transactions and litigation, including:
- Land sale and acquisition
- Financing arrangements
- Land-use and zoning approvals
- Eminent domain representation
- Sale, purchase and leasing of commercial developments
- General counsel for homeowners and condominium associations
- General counsel for property management companies
- Title review and title opinions
- Fiduciary duty claims related to real estate purchases and sales
- Property tax assessments and appeals
We have handled real estate transactions in excess of $165 Million.
Because we handle the full array of real estate legal matters, we understand the interplay between the various actors and moving parts in any deal, from individual home sales to large-scale commercial developments requiring complex financing arrangements and navigation of extensive land-use regulations. This allows us to work effectively to strengthen our clients’ financial bottom line, whether they are involved in a real estate transaction or face the prospect of litigation.
Contact Koch & Schmidt
We invite you to learn how we can leverage six decades of experience to help advance your interests in your real estate matter. Schedule a consultation with our attorneys by email or call 504-541-9026.